All Utility companies will be notified of your move in and accounts will be transferred into your name on commencement of your rental contract. Notify will complete this on our-behalf, please click here for the GDPR statement.

The same goes for the Council Tax, you will be responsible for supplying the authority with the proof that you’re a student should you wish to claim an exemption.

HMO Property Tenant- the above may not apply to yourself- please refer to your tenancy agreement or contact our office for clarification.
All properties will be inspection and a inventory produced by one of our experienced inventory Clarks. A comprehensive Inventory & Schedule of Condition will be produced at the time of move in and it’s your duty to notify us of any changes or discrepancies within 48hrs of tenancy commencement.

The above will be produced electronically and sent directly to your email addresses held on file.
Your bond / deposit will be secured under a Government Authorized scheme. If the property is found to be free of dilapidation’s at the end of the tenancy and no rent is owing, the bond will be returned to the tenant in full. However the cost of making good damages or loss caused by a tenant will be met out of this bond.
Phillips Property Management has teamed up with a number of different contractors to ensure we provide the highest standard of service to our tenants in respect of any maintenance issues that may arise during your tenancy with us.

To report general maintenance issues, please click here to be taken to our maintenance reporting page.

Emergencies can be reported by calling 01443 561065 561065 selecting option 4 (available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week).
Please refer to your agreement for full details on your rental payments. However, usually this is made monthly and paid in advance. We accept a wide range of payment methods however our preferred is by Direct Debit which can be set up by contacting our office.

For HMO student properties- this is normally paid termly unless otherwise stated or agreed.
One set of keys will be issued to everyone listed on the AST. Should you wish to receive additional keys, then please contact our office. Your are responsible for ensuring the safety of the property during your tenancy.

For lock out’s or lost keys- a replacement fee will charged and dependant on the time, you may also be charged a out of hours call out fee. Please see our fee’s and charges list for further information.
Every year nearly 40 people die because of faulty gas appliances. All these deaths could be prevented if appliances were professionally installed, checked regularly by experts and if people knew of the dangers relating to faulty gas appliances. It is vital that you can recognize the danger signs.

Your landlord is required by law to make sure that all gas installations such as fires, boilers and flues are professionally installed, well maintained, safe and serviced annually by a British Gas or GAS SAFE registered engineer. Insist that you are shown gas safety certificates as evidence that this has been done. Landlords are required to keep a record of services to show to tenants on request.
Leaking gas is a fire hazard.

If you smell gas contact Transco (0800 111 999) immediately.

Turn off the supply at the main meter and open windows.

Do not switch anything electrical on or off, including lights.
Badly maintained gas appliances have killed tenants by carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Carbon monoxide is created when the combustion of fuel is incomplete. You will not be able to smell or taste this gas.

Danger signs on the appliances might include:
  • Soot or sooty smell
  • A yellow or orange flame instead of blue
  • Scorch marks on any part of the appliance
  • Brown or black discoloration of burners
  • Cracked, damaged or blocked flues through which gas could escape
  • Pilot lights that frequently go out
  • Blocked ventilation
  • Excessive condensation
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
  • Drowsiness
  • Headaches
  • Dizzy feeling on standing up
  • Feeling sick
  • Chest pains
  • Tiredness, palpitations, diarrhoea and stomach pains
  • Unconsciousness
Minimise risks:
  • Make sure all appliances have been professionally installed and serviced within the last year
  • Do not seal up your room to make it draught free
  • Use appliances appropriately – gas cookers are not for heating kitchens
  • Open flue-type heaters in bathrooms and bedrooms should be used with particular care: keep the room ventilated and turn the heater off once you are in the bath or in bed
  • Do not restrict ventilation to any appliance and make sure all flues and chimneys are clear
Don’t compromise on safety. If your landlord does not respond quickly to an apparent problem with a gas appliance, stop using the appliance and contact the Environmental Health department of your local council or the Regional Health & Safety Executive, either of which can order a landlord to carry out work.

If you are worried that a gas appliance is unsafe:
  • Stop using it
  • Turn off the gas supply
  • Ventilate the room
  • Contact your landlord or Wales and West Utilities
Your landlord has a legal responsibility for making sure that gas appliances are professionally installed, well maintained and safe.
It is illegal for unregistered people to work on gas appliances. Ask to see a gas safety certificate.
It is the landlord’s responsibility to maintain installations for electricity supply including electrical sockets and wiring.

Danger signs include:
  • Switches that give off sparks
  • Frayed insulation
  • Plugs that heat up
  • Never overload sockets with lots of adapters

Utility companies

  • British Telecom (BT): 0800 800 150
    (find out if your property has a phone line pre-installed)
  • Virgin Media: 0845 454 1111
    (find out if your property has a phone line or broadband pre-installed)
  • Western Power Distribution: 0845 6015972
    (find out your electricity supplier South Wales and South West England only)
  • Transco: 08706 081 524
    (find out your gas supplier or call if you smell gas)
  • Welsh Water: 08000 520 145
  • British Gas: 0845 6091122
  • Swalec (electric): 08000 505 252
  • Swalec (gas): 08000 520 567
  • NPower: 0800 632632/0845 7145146
  • Offgen: 0800 887777
  • Powergen: 0870 2411233
  • Southern Electric: 0845 7585 401

Rhondda Cynon Taff Council

General enquiries: 01443 425005

Council tax enquiries: 01443 425002
Bulky item collection: 01443 425001
Pest contro:l 01443 425777

Emergency services

South Wales Police – 999
South Wales Fire & Rescue Service – 999
Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust – 999

Utilities (General)

Gas – 0800 111 999
Electricity – 08000 520 400
Water – 08000 853 968


Samaritans – 08457 90 90 90
Environment Agency – 0800 80 70 60